Photo credit: Exordium Photography
This is me! Jo Ruffer
I am Jo, and I am a Southland convert after my first 25-odd years living in Auckland. I moved to Invercargill in 2004 with my husband Tony shortly after we were married. It is beautiful here!
I photographed my first wedding for friends in Auckland in 2001 and then went on to photograph numerous sisters, and friends, and friends’ sisters weddings leading on from that. It was a real ride, and all in the dark ages of film!
Here’s a few more things about me ...
- When I‘m not shooting a wedding, a birth, or a set of family portraits, I can be otherwise found at Southland hospital on the Kids Ward nursing our young population who are sick. I love these kids.
- We have two boys. We’re just broaching those teenage years, our parenting skills are being tested and life is getting interesting!
- I love coffee and I drink too much of it. I really should cut back, but I’m not ready to commit to that yet.
- I love traveling and I’m up for shooting your wedding wherever you’re going ... near or far (Rarotonga anyone?).
- My husband is teaching me to surf. I’m entirely useless so far, but it’s pretty amazing out there, and I’ll get it eventually. Learning new things is good!
- I had a hard time finding pictures of myself to post here. I’m usually behind the camera, not in front of it. Note to self: Give the camera to Tony more often!